REPTILE / nutrition
What Should I Feed My Bearded Dragon?
Veggies, insects and other “beardie” delicacies
What’s on the bearded dragon menu?
- Protein: Bearded dragons enjoy live mealworms, waxworms and crickets that have been “gut loaded,” which means fed lizard-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Young beardies should eat once a day; adults may only need to dine every two days. If beardies don’t finish their entire meal, try feeding them less next time.
- Calcium: Twice a week, dust your bearded dragon’s live food with a calcium supplement (ask a PetSmart associate for details).
- Vegetables: Veggies should make up 25% of a young beardie’s diet and half of an adult’s. Favorites include kale, collard greens, mustard greens, zucchini and shredded carrots.
- Packaged food: Commercial food adds variety to a beardie’s diet. Many brands are available in high-protein formulas for juvenile lizards and lower-protein versions for the adult beardies.
- Water: If your beardie doesn’t seem interested in drinking from a shallow dish of water placed in their habitat, you can lightly mist their fruits and vegetables with clean water.
shop this article
All Living Things® Bearded Dragon DietOld Price $6.49$6.175% off Auto Ship
Rep-Cal Maintenance Formula Adult Bearded Dragon FoodDiscounted Price $6.49 Old Price $8.49$6.175% off Auto Ship
Rep-Cal Growth Formula Juvenile Bearded Dragon FoodOld Price $9.59$9.115% off Auto Ship
Fluker's® Freeze Dried Buffet Blend for Adult Bearded DragonsDiscounted Price $2.19 Old Price $4.17$2.085% off Auto Ship
Zoo Med™ Natural Adult Bearded Dragon FoodDiscounted Price $6.99 Old Price $7.99$6.645% off Auto Ship
All Living Things® Bearded Dragon DietOld Price $8.99$8.545% off Auto Ship
Fluker's® Freeze Dried Medley Bearded Dragon TreatDiscounted Price $5.99 Old Price $6.81$5.695% off Auto Ship
Fluker's® Buffet Blend for Bearded DragonsDiscounted Price $3.99 Old Price $5.39$3.795% off Auto Ship
Zoo Med™ Sampler Bearded Dragon FoodDiscounted Price $11.59 Old Price $12.99$11.015% off Auto Ship