Time to start shopping!
Auto Ship Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Auto Ship Program and how does it work?
Auto Ship is the most convenient way for you to get the items you want delivered to you on a regular schedule. We automatically send you the items you select based upon your chosen frequency (e.g., weekly or monthly). The service is easy to use and customizable. Just tell us how often you want your items, and we'll take it from there. The Auto Ship Program is subject to the Auto Ship Terms and Conditions.
When you enroll in the Auto Ship Program, you have control over your Auto Ship orders. We send a reminder email to you before each order is placed. This email will specify your order’s placement date. You can change your order frequency, next order date, or quantity of items in your order by visiting the “Auto Ship” section in your PetSmart account. Changes to an order can be made any time up to at least 24 hours prior to an order’s placement date and, subject to the foregoing, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
How do I join the Auto Ship Program?
Joining is easy. It can be done while browsing on a product page, while reviewing items in your shopping cart, or when you’re otherwise prompted to join on the PetSmart website. To join, simply select the Auto Ship option for your desired item, select your preferred order frequency and then check out as usual. You will need a PetSmart account to join; if you don’t have one, you will be prompted to sign up for an account when you check out.
What will happen after I join the Auto Ship Program?
After you join, you’ll receive an email confirming your enrollment in the Auto Ship Program. This email will include a link to access the “Auto Ship” section in your PetSmart account where you can manage future orders and Auto Ship account information.
We’ll place your Auto Ship orders automatically according to your selected frequency. We will send you a reminder email before each order is placed. You’ll also receive an order confirmation email and a shipment confirmation email. Additionally, you’ll receive email notifications regarding other information related to your Auto Ship account, such as, if your item is discontinued or out of stock or if your payment method doesn’t work.
How do I make changes to my Auto Ship order?
Subject to the Auto Ship Terms and Conditions, you can change your next order date, skip an order, change your order frequency, cancel your enrollment, or resume Auto Ship by visiting the “Auto Ship” section in your PetSmart account. Changes to an order cannot be made less than 24 hours prior to that order’s placement date. Additionally, please allow up to 24 hours for any changes to be processed.
Change an order date:
- To change your next order date, please visit the “Auto Ship” tab within your PetSmart account and click the “Change Order Date” button to the right of the next order date for the order you want to update, then select a new date from the calendar that appears. This will change the order date for the entire order. Please note, this will also affect the order frequency, which will adjust based on the new shipping date selected.
- If an order contains multiple items and you would only like to change the order date of a single item, remove that item from the order by selecting the “Remove Item From This Order” button. Once it is included in its own order, click “Change Order Date” button to the right of the order date and select the new from the calendar that appears, then click the “Change Date” button.
Skip a delivery:
- To skip an Auto Ship order, visit the “Auto Ship” tab within your PetSmart account and click the “Skip Delivery” button to the right of the upcoming order date to skip the entire order.
Change order frequency:
- To modify the order frequency for an Auto Ship item, please visit the “Auto Ship” tab within your PetSmart account. The current order frequency is displayed next to each Auto Ship item in a dropdown menu. To change the order frequency for an individual Auto Ship item, simply click the frequency dropdown next to the Auto Ship item you would like to modify and select your next desired frequency from the dropdown menu.
Cancel Auto Ship:
- To cancel Auto Ship, please visit the “Auto Ship” tab within your PetSmart account and simply click the “Cancel Subscription” link below the frequency dropdown. You’ll be prompted to confirm this action and indicate your reason for canceling. Once you’ve selected a reason and clicked the “Cancel Subscription” button, your Auto Ship enrollment will be canceled. Except for orders placed within 24 hours from your cancellation date, no future orders will be placed. You’ll receive an email notification confirming your cancellation.
Resume Auto Ship:
- To resume Auto Ship, please visit the “Auto Ship” tab within your PetSmart account and simply click the “Reactivate Subscription” link. A pop-up will appear, confirming that you’d like to resume Auto Ship. Click the “Reactivate” button and the Auto Ship will be resumed.
How do I make changes to my Auto Ship account information?
To review or modify your Auto Ship account information, visit the “Auto Ship” section within your PetSmart account. Subject to the Auto Ship Terms and Conditions, changes will affect future orders. Please allow up to 24 hours for any modifications to be processed.
How do I change my shipping address?
To change your shipping address for an order, please visit the “Auto Ship” tab in your PetSmart account and click the “Change Shipping” link located below the current shipping information. Select a previous shipping address from the dropdown menu or create a new one to add to your account. This address will apply to all Auto Ship and future orders unless otherwise noted. Please remember to click “Update Address” and verify that your updated information saved successfully.
How do I view my future orders?
All future orders are displayed in the “Auto Ship” tab within your PetSmart account page.
How do I combine items to be in the same order?
Auto Ship items that have the same order date, shipping address, billing address, and payment method will ship as one order.
If you have more than one Auto Ship item and want the items to ship in the same order, visit the “Auto Ship” tab in your PetSmart account and change the next order dates to be the same. Also, confirm the orders are going to the same shipping address and have the same billing address and payment method. Subject to the Auto Ship Terms and Conditions, changes will affect future orders. Please allow up to 24 hours for any modifications to be processed.
Can I add items to my next order with an existing Auto Ship status?
Yes, but the item must be eligible for Auto Ship and you must be logged into your PetSmart account. Visit product detail page of the eligible item you wish to add to your order, and find the “Auto Ship” check box. When you click this check box, you will have the option to add the item as one time only or as an Auto Ship item.
What types of payment are accepted for Auto Ship?
All Auto Ship orders require a credit or debit card payment. Alternative payment forms, such as PayPal and gift cards, cannot be accepted at this time.
Where can I get more help?
For customer care, please call 1-888-839-9638.