United States Sales Tax:
PetSmart is required to collect sales tax on orders shipped to all states except: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon.
Sales tax is not charged on the purchase of Gift Cards. However, products purchased with Gift Cards will be taxed unless shipped to the states mentioned above.
The appropriate state and local tax rate will be charged based on the price of the purchased products and, where required by law, on shipping and handling charges.
Sales Tax-Exempt Customers:
Tax exempt purchases can only be made when paid for directly with funds of the organization. Any personal purchases are required to be made using a separate PetSmart.com account and e-mail address.
To create a PetSmart.com tax-exempt account:
- Create a PetSmart.com account
- Email the following to TaxExempt@petsmart.com or fax to (623)580-6121:
- Company/Organization Name
- Name of primary purchaser
- Address (including city, state, and zip)
- PetSmart.com Email address (used to create your PetSmart.com account)
- Organization type (non-profit, government, etc.)
- Exemption certificate or other proof of exempt status
You will be notified via email once your exempt request has been approved. This may take up to 5 business days to process. Setting up your tax exempt account prior to making your first order will ensure no tax is charged on the order.
If you place your order prior to receiving your approval email, tax will be charged and you will be required to request a refund. To receive a reimbursement, email your request to TaxExempt@PetSmart.com or fax to (623) 580-6121. Please provide:
- The online order number, AND
- Sales tax exemption documentation (i.e. exemption certificate or resale certificate, etc.)
Please allow up to 10 days to process your sales tax refund.
Canadian Sales Tax:
A service fee will be added to all orders shipped to Canada to cover the cost of export taxes.
International Value Added Tax (VAT):
Any order being shipped to a destination outside of the United States and Canada may be subject to import duties and taxes that are not collected by petsmart.com during Checkout. When placing an order on petsmart.com, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Charges for duties, taxes and the carrier's collection fee are in addition to your shipping charge and must be paid by you. You should contact your local customs office for further information.