Start typing, then use the up and down arrows to select an option from the list
REPTILE / nutrition
What to Feed Your Pet Lizard or Turtle
How to please your reptile's palate
- Live crickets and worms provide the perfect amount of protein and are closest to the way your reptile would eat in the wild.
- Coat live food with calcium dust to keep your reptile’s bones healthy.
- Commercial reptile food provides a complete, vitamin-rich diet for many reptiles.
- Mix with freeze-dried or live foods to help your reptile get used to eating it.
- Pellets make a great staple diet for turtles and tortoises.
- Feeding reptiles treats, including freeze-dried foods, is a great way to bond with them.
- Treats can also be a great source of protein.
Fruits & veggies
- Fresh fruits and veggies are an all-natural addition to your new pet’s diet. Some reptiles, like tortoises, can get them several times a week.
- Canned fruits and vegetables help add moisture to your reptile’s diet. Throw some on top of the main course!
Learn More About These Pets Here
From habitat selection and setup, to creating the perfect reptile climate, we can help you confidently care for your unique pet.
- Bearded dragon
- Russian & Greek tortoise
- Tree frog
- Aquatic turtle
- Ball python
- Eyelash crested & gargoyle gecko
Ready to find your reptile?
We have a wide selection of live reptiles sold in stores. See reptiles
PETSMART CARES: Pets purchased at PetSmart are part of our exclusive Vet Assured™ program, designed by PetSmart veterinarians to help improve the health and well-being of our pets. Our vendors meet a high standard in caring for pets and screening them for common illnesses. This program also includes specific standards for in-store pet care.
The PetSmart Promise: If your pet becomes ill during the initial 14-day period, or if you’re not satisfied for any reason, PetSmart will gladly replace the pet or refund the purchase price.