CAT / new pets
How to Clean Your Cat’s Litter Box
Keep it tidy, or kitties might take their “business” elsewhere
Litter box 101
It’s no news flash that cats can be fussy, and their preference for cleanliness definitely extends to their litter box. If the box is too full, messy or smelly your cat may decide to “go” elsewhere. Here’s how to keep your cat happy:
- Scoop out droppings and clumps at least once a day.
- Put the waste into a sealed bag and dispose of it outdoors.
- Wash the litter scoop and store it in a plastic bag.
- Clean the edge of the litter box and the box cover with soap and water.
- Empty the litter box entirely and wash it with soap and water. Don’t clean it with chemicals such as ammonia or bleach. Cats are very sensitive to smells. A chemical odor may cause your pet to avoid the box. Certain chemicals can also be unhealthy for cats.
- Fill the box with fresh litter.
If you regularly clean the litter box and your cat is still going “outside the box,” talk to your vet to rule out any health issues.Shop cat litter & waste disposal
Purina® TIDY CATS® With Glade™ LightWeight Cat Litter - Clumping, Multi Cat, Clean Blossoms$12.76 $13.99
Purina® TIDY CATS® Instant Action Cat Litter - Clumping, Multi Cat$13.47 $15.49
ARM & HAMMER™ Cat Litter Deodorizer$2.78 $6.99$2.645% off Auto Ship
Nature's Miracle® Tropical Bloom Litter Box Cat Odor Destroyer$10.19 $11.99$9.685% off Auto Ship
Nature's Miracle® Litter Box Wipes$7.64 $8.99$7.265% off Auto Ship
Nature's Miracle® Odor Control Cat Litter Box Charcoal Filter$3.20 $4.99$3.045% off Auto Ship
Purina® TIDY CATS® BREEZE® Cat Litter Box System$29.99 $39.99$28.495% off Auto Ship
Petmate® Scoop 'n Hide Cat Litter Scoop$9.46 $11.27
PetSafe® ScoopFree® Disposable Crystal Litter Tray - Lavender Scent$16.79 $19.99$15.955% off Auto Ship