National Geographic™ Aquarium Heater
The glass broke, but it worked great!
I bought this and it worked great for the five days I had it. The notch is a bit hard to turn without taking the whole thing out of the water. It kept the water at a constant temperature and my betta fish was happy.
Unfortunately it broke, and that was probably my fault. I can't give this item a bad rating because if I wasn't being dumb, the heater would still be working.
December 12, 2014
Excellent Freshwater Aquarium Heater
I purchased the 100W heater for use in my 20 gallon high. It is quite large, taking up most of the vertical space in my tank and, honestly, I think I could have gotten away with a 50W heater. Initially, the temperature gauge was way off, but once I got it calibrated, it worked perfectly. Overall, I'm very pleased with this product.
October 16, 2014
Constant Water Temperature
* I bought this heater for my 30 gallon tank and I love it.
* I had bought another heater that was a Pet Supermarket store brand heater and apparently it kept turning off or something and it was not heating my tank at all.
* This heater keeps the tank at a CONSTANT TEMPERATURE, it is great!
* It is so great I bought another one (with more watts) for my new 45 gallon tank.
* I have to agree with one of the reviewers about the dial being difficult to turn but this heater works so great that I wouldn't even take off a star for the dial.
* I have to disagree with one of the reviewers that stated "This is not fully submersible as it states. There is a line to where you cannot go past but its not a big deal for my use" *THIS IS A FULLY SUBMERSIBLE HEATER. The line states "Min water level" meaning MINIMUM WATER LEVEL: that the water should AT LEAST HIT that line.
* I placed both of my heaters horizontal in the middle/midline of the tank and that has had the best distribution of heat.
August 2, 2014
Adjustable but hard to do so
This is not fully submersible as it states. There is a line to where you cannot go past but its not a big deal for my use. Its nice in that its adjustable up to the 90s BUT its extremely hard to adjust the temp. I have to literally pull it up out of the water and hold it with one hand and turn the dial with the other.
June 9, 2014