Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 163
Rated 4 out of 5 by 4fishandcounting Good,but loud
My uncle bought this fish tank a few months ago,but his fish died. He couldn't get more fish bec. he was going on a long trip so he gave this tank to me. I set it up,it is a nice tank,but the air pump is kind of loud. I suggest to wrap it in a towel to keep the noise down.Good future home for a Betta.
March 27, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by i98734srvntwt4ybeo874 complete junk
I bought this tank yesterday and when I opened the box, the LED light was all cracked. It was a mess! My local pets mart is 20 miles away and with the gas prices so high, I refused to go. I called pets mart and they told me they would send a worker that works there and will come pick up my tank and give me a new one. When I opened the new one, it was perfectly fine. My problem is (as other reviews) the LED lights are not LED and went out in 1 day. The filter did not do its job and my water was brown in 24 hours. I noticed on the third day that the air lining was leaking and the air stone did not create any more bubbles. I also when I tried cleaning it no net is that small so I needed to take the filter out so I could fit the net is. This kit is complete junk and I think it is a piece of trash.
February 22, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rainbowstar2341 Great, but only one problem...
The tank is absolutely great! The only problem for me was the "filter." The filter was actually a air stone with an air pump, so I just took it out and placed it in another tank. Overall, I absolutely love this product. I am keeping my betta, Deep Blue in this 1 gallon tank, but I will soon move him in a 2.5 gallon tank and will put my guppy in this tank. Right now my betta is so happy to be in a real home, not a cup.
February 20, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by 2tiels Disappointed
I bought this small aquarium based on the reviews I read. I am replacing it today. It looks attractive enough, but it has several flaws.
1) The pump does absolutely nothing except create bubbles at the top.
2) It has 2 plugs that are impossible to hide and therefore an eyesore.
3) The 7-watt bulb is not LED. Mine went out after 3 weeks and I have been unable to find more in stock.
4) The pump adjuster (and again, the pump does nothing) is hard to place. The directions say it is suppose to be placed higher than the tank, but the top of the tank gets too hot when the light bulb is on making it difficult to figure out where to place the pump adjuster.
5) The tank is difficult to clean and there are no instructions giving tips on how to clean this small aquarium.
I would suggest a regular fishbowl over this item if money is an issue.
January 27, 2015