- Veterinarian approved
- Touch-sensitive training pad emits static corrections
- Keeps pets off furniture, counter tops & off-limit areas
- Use around trash cans, bedrooms, the Christmas tree & more
The Scat Mat is a touch-sensitive training pad that quickly conditions pets to avoid prohibited areas with harmless, low-power electronic pulses similar to static electricity. Place the clear flexible vinyl Scat Mat in a room entrance, on your sofa, counter top or the hood of your car. The touch sensitive pad will silently protect prohibited areas. When touched, the battery sends small pulses to the mat for three seconds. These surprising little "zaps" quickly repel most pets who stay away after one or two exposures--even after the mat is removed. Veterinarian approved Scat Mat works when all else fails. Used in conjunction with your normal training techniques and surface cleaning (as appropriate for elimination behavior changes), the Scat Mat will help you restore harmony to your household.
Scat Mat Features:
- One 9 volt battery (not included) provides approximately six months operation or 10,000 activations.
- Silent operation corrects unwanted behavior without disturbing other pets or people in the home day and night.
- Flexible, transparent mats are made from PVC which contours and blends into surfaces and rolls for storage.
- Adjustable output (low, medium, high) allows appropriate deterrence sensations for varying sized pets. Train kittens on low, adult cats and puppies on medium and adult dogs and long haired cats on high.
- Extension mats can be connected to economically increase area covered.
- Scat Mat components clip together with snap fasteners.
American and Canadian humane societies, the Canadian Council on Animal Welfare, and the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association have deemed Scat Mats an acceptable product for use in situations where positive reinforcement is not effective. They consider the Scat Mat to be a humane, and potentially life-saving product. The electrical energy emitted by the Scat Mat is extremely small. If a small child comes in contact with the mat, he or she will recoil from it, just as an unsuspecting adult will.
Manufacturer offers a 30-day money back guarantee and a two-year product warranty.