It makes a great bedding for frogs, toads, dry-land newts, tortoises, Box Turtles and other terrestrial type turtles, forest-dwelling lizards and snakes (not desert species) and all types of invertebrates, including hermit crabs.
This Zoo Med Eco Earth Loose Coconut Fiber Substrate can be used in terrariums with a variety of pets to create a naturalistic environment. When added in ample amounts, this substrate will let your toad, burrowing tortoise or terrestrial turtle create natural burrows or microclimates. Mist every day to create and maintain the humidity levels appropriate to your pet.
- For use in terrariums with frogs, toads, dry-land newts, tortoises, Box Turtles and other terrestrial type turtles, forest-dwelling lizards and snakes (not desert species) and all types of invertebrates, including hermit crabs
- Provides a natural terrarium type setup for reptiles, amphibians or invertebrates
- Can be used damp for tropical species
- Naturally absorbs and breaks down odor and waste product
- Pour coconut fiber substrate into your burrowing tortoise's, terrestrial turtle's or toad's enclosure, up to 1-1/2 to 2 times the height of your pet to allow for burrowing, which is critical to the health of many humidity-loving reptiles and amphibians
- Mist daily to achieve the desired humidity level in your enclosure; check a humidity gauge to confirm levels for the species you are keeping
- Partially cover the top of your terrarium with glass to increase humidity levels
- Spot clean as needed; if foul odor persists, remove all substrate and replace