Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 71
Rated 5 out of 5 by CurlyKat Read the instructions!
It seems like the people who have given bad reviews either didn't read the instructions, or expected a miracle cure.
1. Powder will come off the collar when you open it. This activates the phermones. I recommend opening the package over the sink or trash can.
2. Per the insert, some cats may take up to two weeks to show a noticeable change once wearing the collar. It is NOT an instant fix for an urgent situation! My cat did start acting calmer within a few hours of wearing it, but it was a full week before he stopped being so skittish and showed any interest in venturing outside with his brother.
After wearing for 8 days, my boy is much calmer and less easily startled. It has made a big change in his behavior and comfort level. I will replace the collar after 30 days and continue for a few months in hope that this confidence becomes permanent.
May 16, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bphillips4158 Buy often
I had s scardy cat Patches that his under my bed for years, I put this collar on her and she became a totally different cat! She's still skittish if you make big moves but she's out and about, big difference! My other 2 cats it makes their behavior more erratic and whiney, works different for all cats
December 16, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Malwynne Nope.
My 2 year old female cat is a nervous little thing. She has nearly every issue they claim to help. I read all the great reviews and was cautiously hopeful. Here is what I found:
-The collar is easy to get on.
- It has stayed on despite kitty's strong disapproval
- It is a pretty shade of purple against her black fur.
- Upon opening and applying the collar, all of the coating flaked off and got EVERYWHERE.
- It had absolutely ZERO effect on her.
- She hates it and made her stress even more.
- The other cat hated it.
- Anyone who touched the "dust" from the collar and did not immediately wash their hands thoroughly, got a nasty rash.
In short, I would not recomend this product and if you really feel the need to have an itchy mess, rub tour cat with poison ivy and cuddle with her...its cheaper.
November 24, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Susie32277 Collar stops cats from pulling out hair
I have an 8 yr old female tabby Siamese. Somehow, she has developed a problem of pulling out her stomach fur . Cortisone and shots were expensive and did not work. Desperate, I tried the pheromone collar as experiment. MY GOSH ! IT WORKS !! She stopped the compulsive grooming, and gnawing at her tummy fur. Wonderful solution. Surprised me. Calm personality now. Think she was anxious, but have no idea why. No other animals around and I am always near. Fur pulling was a mystery. But this works.
May 19, 2015