This water conditioner helps you achieve and maintain a healthy pH level in your fresh- or saltwater aquarium, so your marine fish, African Cichlids and reefs can thrive. The fish-safe, phosphate-free formula helps reduce fish stress, which promotes successful breeding, appetite, healthy color and disease resistance.
Help maintain a healthy home for your marine fish, African Cichlids and reefs by adding this API Proper pH 8.2 Water Conditioner to your fresh- or saltwater aquarium. The fish-safe, phosphate-free formula adjusts the pH level in your aquarium water, then acts as a buffer to help ensure pH stability. The water conditioner helps increase carbonate hardness (KH) in your aquarium, which helps prevent sudden changes in pH. By raising the pH to a healthy level, you help reduce fish stress and promote healthy breeding.
- Formulated to adjust and stabilize the pH level in your fresh- or saltwater aquarium
- Helps you maintain a healthy environment for your marine fish, African Cichlids and reefs
- Acts as a buffer to help increase carbonate hardness (KH), which helps fight pH rebound and maintains a consistent pH level in your aquarium
- Helps raise the pH to higher levels to promote successful breeding
- Works to reduce fish stress, which in turn promotes vibrant color, disease resistance and a healthy appetite
- Fish-safe formula is made without phosphate to promote a healthy and safe habitat
When using Proper pH along with water clarifiers or in water with high GH levels, a temporary cloud may form; this cloud will not harm fish and will be quickly filtered out of the aquarium.
For best results, use in conjunction with API African Cichlid Salt for African Cichlid aquariums or with marine salt for marine aquariums.
It is necessary to frequently test the pH level of your aquarium water, as well as the tap water being added to your aquarium; test the water chemistry either once a week or when fish behaviour is not normal.
Available in a 7-oz. (200 g) jar