Help your cat learn good house manners by keeping them off furniture or counters, or out of selected rooms. Scat Mat emits a mild, harmless static pulse when your cat touches it. Cats soon learn which parts of your home they should avoid.
To watch a product demo, click on the video camera at bottom left of product image.
Help your cat learn good house manners by keeping them off furniture or counters, or out of selected rooms. ScatMat emits a mild, harmless static pulse when your cat touches it. Cats soon learn which parts of your home they should avoid. With three intensity levels, ScatMat works for any size cat. The vet-approved ScatMat works when all else fails. Used in conjunction with your normal training techniques, and surface cleaning (as appropriate for elimination behavior changes) the ScatMat will help you restore harmony to your household.
The ScatMat consists of two main components: a flexible vinyl mat containing an embedded electrical grid, and a removable power pack with a three-level intensity selector. The ScatMat is powered by one 9-volt battery (not included), or for high-traffic locations, the optional wall plug adapter (not included). The size of the ScatMat is medium (Measures: 30"x16"), which is perfect for counter tops and smaller furniture. (Not suitable for doorways.)
- No assembly required.
- Safe, low-voltage battery-operated system.
- One 9-volt battery provides approximately 6 months operation or 10,000 activations.
- Scat Mats operate unattended and correct the cat at exactly the time and location of the unwanted behavior, day or night.
- Manufacturer offers a 2-year limited warranty.
How it works and why it is effective:
When a dog or cat repeats an unwanted behavior (such as scratching, soiling, or jumping onto furniture), it usually starts in the same location. To help break this habit, simply pace a ScatMat in that spot. After your pet encounters the ScatMat a few times, it will develop an aversion to that location. After a while, you'll be able to leave the ScatMat switched off, and just the sight of it will continue to modify your pet's behavior. Eventually, you'll be able to remove the ScatMat altogether.
- The static sensations it generates are sufficiently surprising and unpleasant to your pet to communicate an immediate "leave now" message
- The training is consistent at the same location, 24 hours a day
- Your pets associate the unpleasant sensation with the location, not with you, as in other types of discipline
- Your pet receives the correction at the exact moment the bad behavior occurs
Made in USAMedium Mat (30" x 16") - perfect for counter tops and smaller furniture (not suitable for doorways).