For use with undergravel filters or to provide healthy aeration and surface agitation in fresh or saltwater aquariums.
Available in 30 or 50 gallon sizes. Submersible powerhead is ideal for fresh or saltwater aquariums and for use with undergravel filters. Rotational outlet directs aquarium water flow and provides healthy water movement in reef aquariums. The tapered base fits uplift tubes from 3/4" to 1-1/8". Easily attaches to the side of the tank with suction cups (included). Includes 18" airline tubing and a six foot electrical cord.
- Powerhead 30: 95 GPH (120V/60Hz, UL approval); 6 Watt; 130mA.
- Powerhead 50: 149 GPH (120V/60Hz, UL approval), 6 Watt; 114mA.
Top Fin Tips
- For filtering larger size aquariums, use multiple powerheads on undergravel filter uplift tubes to provide a combined hourly flow rate of 3-4 times the tank size.
- When using a powerhead in a freshwater tank for aeration or water circulation, an hourly flow rate of 2-3 times the tank size is sufficient.
- Saltwater tanks should circulate water a minimum of 3-4 times per hour.