Whether you have a growing puppy, expecting female or a new mom, ensure your canine companion gets optimal nutrition that's gentle on his or her stomach by feeding this specially formulated puppy food. Made with high-quality ingredients that are easy to digest, the food supplies your pooch with important antioxidants, natural DHA and omega-3 fatty acids to help ensure healthy development.
Start your puppy off on the right paw with this Hill's Science Diet Healthy Development Original Puppy Food. To help properly nourish your pup during the critical development stage, the food contains DHA from high-quality fish oil, which helps ensure healthy brain and eye function. Since your tiny pooch has a tender digestive system, the recipe contains gentle fibres for easy digestion and to help ensure optimal nutrient absorption.
- For puppies up to 1 year old and pregnant and gestating female dogs
- Contains optimal levels of clinically proven antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, to help strengthen your pup's immune system
- Offers natural DHA from high-quality fish oil to support healthy brain and eye development
- Contains vital fatty acids for healthy joint development and mobility
- Made with high-quality ingredients, including gentle fibres, to help promote gentle digestion and optimal nutrient and protein absorption
- Formulated by a team of veterinarians, nutritionists and scientists for optimal nutrition
- For puppies and pregnant dogs, feed 1/3 – 1/2 cup to dogs weighing 2 lb.; feed 2/3 – 1 cup to dogs weighing 5 lb.; feed 1 – 1-1/2 cups to dogs weighing 8 lb.; feed 1-1/8 – 1-3/4 cups to dogs weighing 10 lb.; feed 2 – 3 cups to dogs weighing 20 lb.; feed 3-1/4 – 5 cups to dogs weighing 40 lb.; feed 4-1/3 – 6-2/3 cups to dogs weighing 60 lb.; feed 5-1/2 – 8-1/4 cups to dogs weighing 80 lb.; feed 6-1/2 – 9-3/4 cups to dogs weighing 100 lb.; feed 7-1/2 – 11-1/4 cups to dogs weighing 120 lb.
- For nursing dogs, keep food available at all times
- When transitioning to Science Diet, mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period
- When using with Science Diet canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding
- Tested using AAFCO procedures to provide complete and balanced nutrition for growing puppies and gestating or lactating female dogs
- Ingredients: whole grain corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, pork fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), dried beet pulp, chicken liver flavour, brewer's rice, dicalcium phosphate, lactic acid, fish oil, flaxseed, soybean oil, iodized salt, potassium chloride, L-lysine, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, magnesium oxide, ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, copper sulphate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, phosphoric acid, beta carotene and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 27.0%, Crude Fat (min) 16.0%, Crude Fibre (max) 3.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Calcium (min) 1.0%, Phosphorus (min) 0.75%, Vitamin E (min) 425 IU/kg, Ascorbic Acid* (Vitamin C) (min) 95 mg/kg, Docosahexanoic Acid* (DHA) (min) 0.1%, Eicosapentaenoic Acid* (EHA) (min) 0.15%, Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min) 0.5%
Begin by feeding your puppy or pregnant dog the suggested daily amount; your pet may need less or more food to maintain a proper weight; adjust as needed; if you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
Keep fresh water available at all times.
Protect from moisture; store in a cool, dry place.
Take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
Available in 4.5-lb. (2 kg), 15.5-lb. (7 kg) and 30-lb. (13.6 kg) bags
*See menu selections above for sizes and styles in stock and available online.
- In Stores Only