Your dog's overall health will receive a boost from the nutrients in the food, while the prebiotics help strengthen your dog's defences and promote healthy digestion. From teeth to tail, this food is brimming with the advanced nutrition your senior dog needs to feel his or her best.
This Iams Premium Protection Mature Adult Dog Food is specially formulated with high-quality ingredients for complete and balanced nutrition. Nutrient-rich chicken by-product meal offers a beneficial source of protein, minerals and amino acids that are essential to your pup's well-being.
- For senior dogs older than 7 years of age
- Specially formulated with nutrient-rich chicken by-product meal as a source of protein, minerals and amino acids that are essential to your dog
- Contains prebiotics to promote healthy digestion and strong defences
- Advanced 2-part fibre system with FOS and beet pulp aids in good digestion
- Fortified with beta carotene and vitamin E to help boost the immune system
- Reduces tartar build-up to help support good dental health
- Enhanced with L-carnitine to help burn fat and maintain ideal body conditions
- Feed 1/4 – 1/2 cup daily to dogs weighing 3 lb. (1.4 kg); feed 3/4 – 1 cup daily to dogs weighing 10 lb. (4.5 kg); feed 1-1/4 – 1-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 20 lb. (9 kg); feed 1-1/2 – 1-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 30 lb. (13.6 kg); feed 2 – 2-1/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 40 lb. (18.1 kg); feed 2-1/4 – 2-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 50 lb. (22.7 kg); feed 2-1/2 – 2-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 60 lb. (27.2 kg); feed 2-3/4 – 3 cups daily to dogs weighing 70 lb. (31.8 kg); feed 3 – 3-1/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 80 lb. (36.3 kg); feed 3-3/4 – 4 cups daily to dogs weighing 100 lb. (45 kg)
- Divide the total recommended feeding amount by the number of times you feed your dog per day to get the actual portion size per feeding
- When transitioning to Premium Protection, gradually mix increasing amounts of Premium Protection with decreasing amounts of the old food over 4 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance
- Ingredients: chicken by-product meal (natural source of chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine), corn meal, ground whole grain sorghum, ground whole grain barley, chicken, brewer's rice, fish meal, dried beet pulp, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), dried egg product, chicken flavour, brewer's dried yeast, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, flax meal, sodium hexametaphosphate, fructooligosaccharides, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), salt, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, dried chicken cartilage (natural source of chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine), DL-methionine, ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, manganese sulphate, copper sulphate, manganous oxide, potassium iodide, cobalt carbonate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium iodide, cobalt carbonate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium pantothenate, biotin, thiamine mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), vitamin B12 supplement, niacin, riboflavin supplement (source of vitamin B2), inositol, pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, beta carotene, L-carnitine, marigold, citric acid and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 28.0%, Crude Fat (min) 11.0%, Crude Fibre (max) 4.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Vitamin E (min) 300 IU/kg, Beta Carotene* (min) 12 mg/kg, L-Carnitine* (min) 40 mg/kg, Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min) 2.0%, Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min) 0.25%, Glucosamine* (min) 400 mg/kg, Chondroitin Sulphate* (min) 40 mg/kg
The feeding amounts are a starting point and your dog may need more food depending on age, activity and temperament; adjust food intake to reach optimal body condition.
Remember to have clean, fresh water available at all times.
Available in a 25-lb. (11.3 kg) bag
- In Stores Only