Keep your old friend satisfied and in good condition with this specially formulated food. The food is high in omega-3 fatty acids for brain health and antioxidants to help promote a healthy immune system.
Feed your faithful friend Hill's Prescription Diet b/d Canine Healthy Aging & Alertness Dog Food to help keep him or her healthy and satisfied. Formulated to help improve memory and learning ability in older dogs, the food contains antioxidants that help protect brain cells and promote a healthy immune system. Loaded with L-carnitine and omega-3 fatty acids, the food also helps preserve muscle mass and support brain health. Appropriate levels of protein, phosphorus and sodium support good heart and kidney health.
- For dogs
- Helps improve memory and learning ability in dogs
- Antioxidants help protect brain cells and promote a healthy immune system
- High levels of L-carnitine help preserve muscle mass
- High in omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health
- Balanced levels of protein, phosphorus and sodium promote heart and kidney health
- Feed 1/2 – 2/3 cup daily to dogs weighing 5 lb.; feed 7/8 – 1-1/8 cups daily to dogs weighing 10 lb.; feed 1-1/8 – 1-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 15 lb.; feed 1-1/3 – 2 cups daily to dogs weighing 20 lb.; feed 1-3/4 – 2-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 30 lb.; feed 2-1/3 – 3-1/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 40 lb.; feed 2-3/4 – 3-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 50 lb.; feed 3-1/4 – 4-1/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 60 lb.; feed 3-1/2 – 4-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 70 lb.; feed 4 – 5-1/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 80 lb.; feed 4-2/3 – 6-1/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 100 lb.
- When transitioning to b/d, mix increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the current food over a 7-day period
- Formulated to meet the nutritional standards established by the AAFCO for the maintenance of adult dogs
- Ingredients: whole grain corn, chicken by-product meal, pork fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), brewer's rice, soybean mill run, flaxseed, soybean meal, fish meal, lactic acid, chicken liver flavor, dried egg product, soybean oil, dried carrots, dried spinach, dried grape pomace, dried tomato pomace, dried citrus pulp, potassium chloride, vitamin E supplement, oat fiber, choline chloride, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, L-lysine, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, L-tryptophan, taurine, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, L-carnitine, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, alpha-lipoic acid, phosphoric acid, beta-carotene and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 16.0%, Crude Fat (min) 12.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 7.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Calcium (min) 0.4%, Phosphorus (min) 0.3%, Sodium (max) 0.25%, Vitamin E (min) 700 IU/kg, Ascorbic Acid* (source of vitamin C) (min) 85 mg/kg, Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.7%, L-carnitine* (min) 200 ppm
Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
Feeding guidelines may need to be adjusted to maintain a proper weight; if your are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
Supplementation is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
Keep fresh water available at all times.
For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Protect from moisture.
Store in a cool, dry place.
A prescription from a veterinarian must be obtained in order to purchase this food. Visit your vet to learn more information about switching your pet to a prescription-based diet and how to make the change. Check your local store for availability prior to purchase.
Available in a 17.6-lb. package
- In Stores Only