Specially formulated to improve kidney function, this cat food contains low levels of sodium, protein and phosphorus. The blend of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants helps support optimal renal health.
Serve your cat this Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Feline Renal Health Cat food to help ensure proper kidney function. Featuring low levels of protein, sodium and phosphorus, the food helps minimize stress and workload on the kidneys, while maintaining normal blood pressure. The food is packed with the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants needed for a balanced diet.
- For cats
- Contains reduced levels of protein and sodium to minimize workload and stress on the kidneys
- Low level of phosphorus to help maintain kidney function
- Enriched with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients for balanced nutrition
- Feed 1/3 – 3/8 cup daily to cats weighing 6 lb.; feed 1/2 – 5/8 cup daily to cats weighing 10 lb.; feed 5/8 – 3/4 cup daily to cats weighing 14 lb.; feed 2/3 – 1 cup daily to cats weighing 18 lb.
- When transitioning to k/d, gradually mix increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over 7 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional standards established by the AAFCO for the maintenance of adult cats
- Ingredients: brewer's rice, corn gluten meal, pork fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), chicken by-product meal, dried egg product, dried chicken, powdered cellulose, fish meal, lactic acid, calcium carbonate, chicken liver flavor, dried beet pulp, DL-methionine, potassium citrate, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamine, mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, taurine, iodized salt, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, L-tryptophan, phosphoric acid, beta carotene and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 24.0%, Crude Protein (max) 29.0%, Crude Fat (min) 19.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 3.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 5.0%, Calcium (min) 0.5%, Phosphorus (max) 0.5%, Sodium (max) 0.28%, Magnesium (max) 0.085%, Taurine (min) 0.08%, Vitamin E (min) 550 IU/kg, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)* (min) 85mg/kg
Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
Feeding guidelines may need to be adjusted to maintain proper weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
Keep fresh, clean water available at all times.
Supplementation is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
Protect from moisture.
Store in a cool, dry place.
A prescription from a veterinarian must be obtained in order to purchase this food. Visit your vet to learn more information about switching your pet to a prescription-based diet and how to make the change. Check your local store for availability prior to purchase.
Available in an 8.5-lb. bag
- In Stores Only