Serve your 4-legged friend this food that is specially formulated to help maintain healthy kidney functions. The food is low in protein, phosphorus and sodium to help minimize stress on the kidneys.
Help maintain healthy kidney function in your pooch by feeding him or her this Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Renal Health Dog Food. The food is specially formulated with low protein levels to help minimize the workload on your dog's kidneys, while reduced phosphorus helps maintain healthy kidney function. Clinically proven antioxidants help support a strong immune system, and low sodium levels help maintain normal blood pressure and minimize stress on the kidneys.
- For dogs
- Contains lower protein levels to help minimize kidney workload
- Reduced levels of phosphorus help maintain healthy kidney function
- Low sodium to help maintain healthy blood pressure and minimize stress on kidneys
- Antioxidants help support a healthy immune system
- Feed 1/2 – 5/8 cup daily to dogs weighing 5 lb.; feed 3/4 – 1 cup daily to dogs weighing 10 lb.; feed 1 – 1-3/8 cups daily to dogs weighing 15 lb.; feed 1-1/4 – 1-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 20 lb.; feed 1-3/4 – 2-1/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 30 lb.; feed 2-1/4 – 3 cups daily to dogs weighing 40 lb.; feed 2-1/2 – 3-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 50 lb.; feed 3 – 4 cups daily to dogs weighing 60 lb.; feed 3-1/4 – 4-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 70 lb.; feed 3-1/2 – 5 cups daily to dogs weighing 80 lb.; feed 4-1/4 – 5-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 100 lb.
- When transitioning to k/d, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the current food over a 7-day period
- Formulated to meet the nutritional standards established by the AAFCO for the maintenance of adult dogs
- Ingredients: brewer's rice, pork fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), dried egg product, flaxseed, corn gluten meal, chicken liver flavor, powdered cellulose, lactic acid, calcium carbonate, dried beet pulp, L-lysine, potassium chloride, potassium citrate, choline chloride, iodized salt, calcium sulfate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), vitamin E supplement, niacin thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, L-threonine, taurine, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, L-tryptophan, magnesium oxide, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, phosphoric acid, beta carotene and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 12.0%, Crude Protein (max) 16.0%, Crude Fat (min) 16.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 2.8%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 5.0%, Calcium (min) 0.5%, Phosphorus (max) 0.5%, Sodium (max) 0.28%, Vitamin E (min) 450 IU/kg, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)* 85mg/kg
Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
Feeding guidelines may need to be adjusted to maintain a proper weight; if you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
Supplementation is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
Keep fresh water available at all times.
For best results, have a veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Protect from moisture and store in a cool, dry place.
Available in 8.5- and 17.6-lb. bags
A prescription from a veterinarian must be obtained in order to purchase this food. Visit your vet to learn more information about switching your pet to a prescription-based diet and how to make the change. Check your local store for availability prior to purchase.
- In Stores Only