High levels of B vitamins, low levels of sodium and added taurine and L-carnitine in this specially formulated food help promote cardiac health while providing complete and balanced nutrition.
This Hill's Prescription Diet h/d Canine Cardiac Health Dog Food contains all of the vitamins and minerals your dog needs for a complete, balanced diet, but is also specially formulated to help promote cardiac health. With added B vitamins, high levels of taurine and L-carnitine and low levels of sodium, this formula helps ensure your dog is getting the nutrients that help boost heart health.
- For dogs
- Contains increased B vitamins to counteract the effects of diuretics
- Appropriate sodium levels help maintain normal blood pressure
- Includes high levels of taurine and L-carnitine to help boost healthy heart function
- Formulated with antioxidants to help promote a healthy immune system
- Delicious meaty flavor satisfies your dog's cravings
- Feed 1/2 – 5/8 cup daily to dogs weighing 5 lb.; feed 3/4 – 1 cup daily to dogs weighing 10 lb.; feed 1 – 1-3/8 cups daily to dogs weighing 15 lb.; feed 1-1/4 – 1-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 20 lb.; feed 1-2/3 – 2-1/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 30 lb.; feed 2 – 3 cups daily to dogs weighing 40 lb.; Feed 2-1/2 – 3-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 50 lb.; feed 2-3/4 – 4 cups daily to dogs weighing 60 lb.; feed 3-1/4 – 4-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 70 lb.; feed 3-1/2 – 5 cups daily to dogs weighing 80 lb.; feed 4-1/4 – 5-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 100 lb.
- When transitioning to h/d, gradually mix increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over 7 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for the maintenance of adult dogs
- Ingredients: whole grain corn, pork fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), soy protein isolate, chicken by-product meal, chicken liver flavor, lactic acid, dried egg product, powdered cellulose, potassium citrate, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, natural flavor, choline chloride, soybean oil, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, L-lysine, taurine, vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, DL-methionine, magnesium oxide, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, L-carnitine, L-tryptophan, phosphoric acid, beta carotene and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 14.5%, Crude Fat (min) 16.5%, Crude Fiber (max) 2.5%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 5.5%, Calcium (min) 0.5 %, Phosphorus (min) 0.35%, Sodium (max) 0.12%, Vitamin E (min) 400 IU/kg, Thiamine (min) 52ppm, Ascorbic Acid* (Vitamin C) (min) 85 mg/kg, Taurine (min) 0.10%, Carnitine* (min) 200 ppm
Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
Feeding guidelines may need to be adjusted to maintain proper weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
Keep fresh, clean water available at all times.
Supplementation is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Protect from moisture.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Available in a 17.6-lb. package
- In Stores Only