Stress and workload on your dog's kidneys are reduced by the low levels of phosphorus and healthy levels of protein in this food. The reduced levels of sodium help promote low blood pressure and supports cardiac health in your aging dog.
Provide your aging dog with optimal nutrition with this Hill's Prescription Diet g/d Canine Early Cardiac - Healthy Aging Dog Food. Specially formulated to help promote heart and kidney health, this food contains low levels of phosphorus and optimal levels of protein to minimize the stress and workload on your dog's kidneys. Low sodium levels help support low blood pressure, while optimal fat levels reduce pancreatic workload.
- For dogs
- Formulated to promote heart and kidney health in older dogs
- Low levels of phosphorus help minimize stress on aging kidneys
- Optimal levels of protein help minimize the workload on kidneys
- Reduced sodium helps promote healthy blood pressure
- Fat levels optimized to reduce pancreatic workload
- Feed 1/2 – 2/3 cup daily to dogs weighing 5 lb.; feed 7/8 – 1-1/8 cups daily to dogs weighing 10 lb.; feed 1-1/8 – 1-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 15 lb.; feed 1-1/3 – 2 cups daily to dogs weighing 20 lb.; feed 2 – 2-2/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 30 lb.; feed 2-1/3 – 3-1/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 40 lb.; feed 2-3/4 – 3-3/4 cups daily to dogs weighing 50 lb.; feed 3-1/4 – 4-1/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 60 lb.; feed 3-1/2 – 5 cups daily to dogs weighing 70 lb.; feed 4 – 5-1/2 cups daily to dogs weighing 80 lb.; feed 4-2/3 – 6-1/3 cups daily to dogs weighing 100 lb.
- When transitioning to g/d, gradually mix increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over 7 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional standards established by the AAFCO for the maintenance of adult dogs
- Ingredients: brewer's rice, chicken by-product meal, whole grain corn, dried egg product, pork fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), flaxseed, soybean oil, lactic acid, chicken liver flavor, potassium chloride, pork protein isolate, calcium carbonate, choline chloride, iodized salt, vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, taurine, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, phosphoric acid, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 15.5%, Crude Fat (min) 8.5%, Crude Fiber (max) 2.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 5.0%, Calcium (min) 0.35%, Phosphorus (max) 0.65%, Sodium (max) 0.26%
Feeding guidelines may need to be adjusted to maintain proper weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
Keep fresh water available at all times.
Supplementation is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Protect from moisture, and store in a cool, dry place.
A prescription from a veterinarian must be obtained in order to purchase this food. Visit your vet to learn more information about switching your pet to a prescription-based diet and how to make the change. Check your local store for availability prior to purchase.
Available in an 8.5-lb. bag
- In Stores Only