This food is specially formulated to help promote healthy liver function, regeneration and metabolism. Vitamins and minerals help provide balanced nutrition.
Help encourage healthy liver function with your cat with this Hill's Prescription Diet l/d Feline Hepatic Health Cat Food. This food contains L-carnitine to help maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver. High-quality protein helps promote liver tissue regeneration, while highly digestible protein helps maintain health liver function.
- For cats
- Contains highly digestible protein to help maintain liver function
- Promotes regeneration of liver tissue thanks to high-quality protein
- Added L-carnitine helps support normal fat metabolism in the liver
- L-arginine assists in healthy liver metabolism
- Feed 1/3 – 3/8 cup daily to cats weighing 6 lb.; feed 1/2 – 5/8 cup daily to cats weighing 10 lb.; feed 5/8 – 3/4 cup daily to cats weighing 14 lb.; feed 2/3 – 1 cup daily to cats weighing 18 lb.
- When transitioning to l/d, gradually mix increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over 7 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional standards established by the AAFCO for the maintenance of adult cats
- Ingredients: brewer's rice, chicken by-product, pork fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), soybean meal, pasta product, pork protein isolate, soy fiber, dried egg product, fish meal, lactic acid, chicken liver flavor, soybean oil, choline chloride, potassium chloride, powdered cellulose, taurine, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), niacin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, menadione dimethylypyrmidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K), DL-methionine, calcium sulfate, L-carnitine, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, L-arginine, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, phosphoric acid, rosemary extract and beta carotene
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 27.0%, Crude Fat (min) 20.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 3.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 7.0%, Arginine (min) 1.4%, Calcium (min) 0.7%, Phosphorus (min 0.5%, Taurine (min) 0.3%, Carnitine* (min) 500 ppm
Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
Feeding guidelines may need to be adjusted to maintain proper weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
If you are feeding l/d to a kitten, as your veterinarian.
Keep fresh, clean water available at all times.
Supplementation is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
Protect from moisture.
Store in a cool, dry place.
A prescription from a veterinarian must be obtained in order to purchase this food. Visit your vet to learn more information about switching your pet to a prescription-based diet and how to make the change. Check your local store for availability prior to purchase.
Available in a 4-lb. package
- In Stores Only