Give your bird the nutrition and stimulation he or she needs with this food that is formulated to mimic the nutrition found in nature, while also encouraging natural foraging behaviors.
Help keep your feathered friend looking and feeling in tip-top shape with this KAYTEE Foraging Grassland Parakeet Food. Formulated to replicate the nutritional variety and mental stimulation your bird would find in nature, the food encourages healthy foraging and eating behaviors. Whole grains, flaxseeds, grasses, oil seeds and more help your pet thrive.
- For Parakeets and Small Hookbills
- Natural vegetation, grasses, seeds and bark mimic the nutritional variety found in nature
- Provides mental stimulation and encourages healthy foraging and eating behaviors
- Made with whole grains support healthy and vitality
- Contains flaxseed to help promote healthy skin and feathering
- Grasses and other supplements for bright feathers, healthy bones and proper growth and development
- Contain oil seeds for muscle growth and maintenance
- When introducing a new food, begin with a mixture of the new food and the old food, gradually increasing the amount of new food over a 7 – 10 day period
- Feed 1 – 3 Tbsp. daily to Parakeets and Small Hookbills
- Ingredients: canary grass seed, white millet, red millet, ground corn, flaxseed, hulled sunflower, ground wheat, corn gluten meal, ground oat groats, wheat middlings, chia seed, dehulled soybean meal, quinoa seed, dried jasmine flowers, spray millet pieces, calcium carbonate, dehydrated alfalfa leaves, sun-cured timothy grass hay, soy oil, dried beet pulp, ground flaxseed, dicalcium phosphate, dried whole egg, salt, L-lysine, wheat germ meal, brewer's dried yeast, sun-cured alfalfa meal, vitamin A supplement, choline chloride, algae meal, fructooligosaccharide, DL-methionine, vitamin E supplement, riboflavin supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, mixed tocopherols (a preservative), yeast extract, orange oil, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), niacin, copper sulfate, yucca schidigera extract, calcium pantothenate, rosemary extract, citric acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), folic acid, beta carotene, canthaxanthin, calcium iodate, biotin, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite, dried bacillus licheniformis fermentation product, dried bacillus subtilis fermentation product, Yellow 5 and Blue 1
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 14.0%, Crude Fat (min) 4.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 8.0%, Moisture (max) 12.0%
Discard any uneaten portion and clean food dish before next feeding.
The recommended feeding amounts can be used as a starting point for one bird.
Adjust the portions to maintain proper weight and if additional birds are fed.
Available in a 2-lb. package