Offering a premium source of protein, this cat food nourishes your feline friend to support a strong, healthy life. The food contains the added benefits of vitamin E, prebiotics, taurine and L-carnitine to target key aspects of your kitty's health.
Give your cat a solid nutritional foundation for a lifetime of playfulness, curiosity and strength with this Iams Premium Protection Adult Cat Food. Specifically formulated for cats ages 1 year and up, this food is supplemented with special nutrients that help aid in digestion, strengthen immune health, maintain a healthy weight and promote healthy heart and eye function. The food provides high levels of protein, minerals and amino acids to help build your cat's lean muscle and enhance overall well-being.
- For adult cats ages 1 year and older
- Offers an excellent source of protein for lean muscle maintenance, and delivers minerals and amino acids that are essential to your cat's health
- Formulated with prebiotics and an advanced, 2-part fiber system to aid in healthy digestion
- Contains high levels of the antioxidant vitamin E to help strengthen the immune system
- Offers a natural source of taurine to promote healthy heart and eye functions
- L-carnitine helps burn fat to encourage a healthy weight
- Crunchy kibbles help reduce tartar buildup
- Contains no added fillers or artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Feed 1/4 – 1/3 cup to cats weighing 4 lb.; feed 1/2 – 2/3 cup to cats weighing 8 lb.; feed 2/3 – 1 cup to cats weighing 12 lb.; feed 1 – 1-1/4 cups to cats weighing 16 lb.; feed 1-1/4 – 1-3/4 cups to cats weighing 22 lb.
- Divide the total recommended feeding amount by the number of times you feed your cat per day to get the actual portion size per feeding
- When introducing Iams Premium Protection Adult Cat Food, gradually mix it with your cat's current food over the course of 4 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance
- Contains 397 kcal/cup
- Ingredients: chicken, chicken by-product meal, corn meal, corn grits, animal fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), dried beet pulp, chicken meal, dried egg product, natural flavor, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), sodium bisulfate, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, fructooligosaccharides, brewer's dried yeast, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, vitamin E supplement, salt, niacin, ascorbic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium pantothenate, biotin, thiamine mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin supplement (source of vitamin B2), inositol, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, zinc oxide, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, cobalt carbonate, L-carnitine and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 32.0%, Crude Fat (min) 21.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 3.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 7.0%, Magnesium (max) 0.1%, Vitamin E (min) 250 IU/kg, Taurine (min) 0.2%, L-Carnitine (min) 80mg/kg*, Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min) 2.3%*, Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.23%*
Feeding guideline amounts are a starting point, and your cat may need more food depending on age, activity and temperament; in order to reach optimal body condition, you may need to adjust food intake.
Remember to have clean, fresh water available for your cat at all times.
If you have a kitten, pregnant or nursing cat, Iams Premium Protection Kitten Food is recommended.
If you have questions regarding your cat's health, please consult your veterinarian.
Available in a 1.6-lb. bag.
- In Stores Only