Support your puppy during the critical development period, and help your adult dog stay energetic throughout his or her life by serving this nourishing small-breed puppy food. Formulated with 3 types of protein to meet the high energy needs of small dogs and enriched with essential nutrients, the food helps develop your dog's muscles, immune system, brain function and more.
During the puppy months and beyond, nourish your small-breed dog with the big nutrition of this NUTRO ULTRA Small Breed Puppy Food. Combining protein from chicken, lamb and salmon sources, the food provides the high level of energy that small dogs need. The formula is enriched with antioxidants, fatty acids, DHA and more to help support healthy growth and maintenance.
- For small-breed puppies and adult dogs
- Antioxidants from fruits and vegetables help promote a healthy immune system
- Lean protein from chicken, lamb and salmon helps build strong lean muscle, teeth and bones
- Essential fatty acids support healthy skin and a shiny coat
- DHA for cognitive development and healthy brain function
- Feed 1/3 – 3/4 cup to puppies weighing 3 lb.; feed 1/2 – 1 cup to puppies weighing 5 lb.; feed 1 – 1-1/3 cups to puppies weighing 8 lb.; feed 1 – 1-2/3 cups to puppies weighing 10 lb.; feed 1-1/4 – 2 cups to puppies weighing 13 lb.; feed 1-1/4 – 2-1/4 cups to puppies weighing 15 lb.; feed 1-1/2 – 2-1/2 cups to puppies weighing 20 lb.; feed 1-3/4 – 2-1/2 cups to puppies weighing 25 lb.; feed adult dogs at least 80% of the amount recommended for puppies; feed pregnant dogs 50% more than the amount recommended for puppies; feed lactating dogs at least 2 – 3 times the amount recommended for puppies
- Feed the suggested amount in 3 meals per day until 6 months of age, then twice daily until 12 months; serve moistened for puppies 10 lb. and under
- If feeding NUTRO ULTRA Small Breed puppy food for the first time, blend increasing amounts of the new food with your dog's old food for 6 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages
- Ingredients: chicken, chicken meal (source of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate), whole brown rice, ground rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried plain beet pulp, pea protein, potato protein, natural flavors, lamb meal (source of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate), salmon meal, sunflower oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), rolled oats, potassium chloride, salt, flaxseed, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), egg product, tomato pomace, choline chloride, dried pomegranate, dried blueberry, dried cranberry, dried pumpkin, dried spinach, dried carrot, vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), biotin, niacin supplement, potassium iodide, copper proteinate, calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin supplement (source of vitamin B2), vitamin A supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), thiamine mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), sodium selenite, beta carotene, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 29.0%, Crude Fat (min) 16.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 4.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Arginine (min) 1.0%, Lysine (min) 1.0%, Calcium (min) 1.1%, Calcium (max) 1.5%, Phosphorus (min) 0.9%, Phosphorus (max) 1.4%, Zinc (min) 250mg/kg, Vitamin E (min) 400 IU/kg, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C) (min)* 60mg/kg, Taurine (min)* 0.09%, Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (min)* 0.1%, Beta Carotene (min)* 0.5mg/kg, Chondroitin Sulfate (min)* 300mg/kg, Glucosamine (min)* 200mg/kg, Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min)* 3.6%, Omega 3 Fatty Acids (min)* 0.4%
Feeding guidelines are the recommended feeding ranges for small-breed puppies, and should be adjusted as needed to obtain optimum weight.
Keep fresh drinking water available at all times, provide plenty of exercise and visit your veterinarian regularly.
To help maintain freshness, seal the bag tightly and store in a cool, dry place.
Available in a 4-lb. bag.