Boost your cat's nutrition during the aging process with the high-quality protein and supplemental nutrients of this senior cat food. Enriched with prebiotics, glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, taurine and more, the food gives your older cat's digestive system, joints, heart, eyes and immune system the support they need in later years.
Your senior cat can enjoy youthful vitality and energy throughout his or her golden years with the targeted nutrition of this Iams Premium Protection Senior Cat Food. Formulated exclusively for cats ages 7 years and older, this food is supplemented with special nutrients that help aid in digestion, improve joint mobility, maintain a healthy weight and promote healthy heart and eye function. The food provides a solid nutritional foundation with high levels of protein, minerals and amino acids that your feline needs to thrive.
- For senior cats ages 7 years and older
- Offers an excellent source of protein for lean muscle maintenance, and delivers minerals and amino acids that are essential to your cat's health
- Formulated with prebiotics and an advanced, 2-part fiber system that features FOS and beet pulp to aid in healthy digestion
- Contains high levels of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate for healthy joints and improved mobility
- Enriched with L-carnitine to help older cats maintain a healthy weight
- Features high levels of the antioxidant vitamin E for immune system maintenance
- Provides a good source of taurine for supporting heart and eye health
- Provides 100% complete and balanced nutrition for senior cats with no added fillers or artificial colors
- Feed 1/4 cup to cats weighing 4 lb.; feed 1/3 – 1/2 cup to cats weighing 8 lb.; feed 2/3 – 3/4 cup to cats weighing 12 lb.; feed 3/4 – 1-1/4 cups to cats weighing 16 lb.; feed 1-1/4 – 1-2/3 cups to cats weighing 22 lb.
- Divide the total recommended feeding amount by the number of times you feed your cat per day to get the actual portion size per feeding
- When introducing Iams Premium Protection Senior Cat Food, gradually mix it with your cat's current food over the course of 4 days
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance
- Contains 440 kcal/cup
- Ingredients: chicken, chicken by-product meal (natural source of chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine), corn meal, corn grits, ground whole grain sorghum, dried beet pulp, dried egg product, natural flavor, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), potassium chloride, brewer's dried yeast, animal fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), DL-methionine, fructooligosaccharides, vitamin E supplement, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, salt, dried chicken cartilage (natural source of chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine), niacin, ascorbic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium pantothenate, biotin, thiamine mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin supplement (source of vitamin B2), inositol, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, zinc oxide, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, cobalt carbonate, L-carnitine and rosemary extract
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 35.0%, Crude Fat (min) 18.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 3.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 7.0%, Magnesium (max) 0.1%, Vitamin E (min) 250 IU/kg, Taurine (min) 0.2%, L-Carnitine (min) 40mg/kg*, Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min) 2.3%*, Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.23%*, Glucosamine (min) 375mg/kg*, Chondroitin Sulfate (min) 35mg/kg*
Feeding guideline amounts are a starting point, and your cat may need more food depending on age, activity and temperament; in order to reach optimal body condition, you may need to adjust food intake.
Remember to have clean, fresh water available for your cat at all times.
If you have a kitten, pregnant or nursing cat, Iams Premium Protection Kitten Food is recommended.
If you have questions regarding your cat's health, please consult your veterinarian.
Available in a 1.6-lb. bag
- In Stores Only