For the small breed adult Shih Tzu over 10 months of age. The special properties of the Shih Tzu, such as its flowing coat and sensitive skin make it a very unusual breed that needs special attention, especially in terms of its food.
- The laving (flowing) coat is one of the main characteristics of the breed. The hair is long and dense, with a thick undercoat. The formula helps to express the coat's natural beauty through a supply of L-cystine and methionine, amino acids essential for renewing the hair, combined with linoleic acid to promote a glossy coat.
- The Shih Tzu is also known for its longevity. In the last third of its life, your dog may be at risk for kidney, heart and joint diseases and also of problems with the eye lens and retina. This formula helps slow the progress of degenerative diseases by incorporating a synergistic cocktail of antioxidants to slow cell degeneration, and limited levels of phosphorus. A supply of hydrolyzed crustacean and cartilage extracts help protect the cartilage in the joints.
- Helps maintain correct bucco-dental hygiene. Kibbles have a specially designed texture that produces a brushing effect that results in the reduction of dental plaque formation. Also includes chelating agents that slow tartar development by fixing the calcium present in the saliva.
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat, Oatmeal, Chicken, Wheat Gluten, Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp (Sugar removed), Rice Hulls, Anchovy Oil, Dried Egg Powder, Potassium Chloride, Soya Oil, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Fructo-oligosaccharides, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, L-Tyrosine, Salt, Choline Chloride, Taurine*, Vitamins [DL-Alpha Tocopherol (source of Vitamin E), Inositol, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C*), D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement], Borage Oil, Trace Minerals [Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate], Marigold Extract (Calendula Officinalis L.), Glucosamine Hydrochloride*, L-Lysine, L-Carnitine*, Tea (green Tea Extract), Chondroitin Sulfate*, preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract and Citric Acid
* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO dog food nutrient profiles.
- Crude Protein (min) 24.0%
- Crude Fat (min) 20.0%
- Crude Fiber (max) 5.8%
- Moisture (max) 11.0%
Made in the USA