For adult Dachshunds over 10 months of age. The special properties of the Dachshund, such as its characteristic body shape and very short legs make it a very unusual breed that needs special attention, especially in terms of its food.
- The Dachshund is well known for sensitive joints, with very short, bowed legs--the cartilage of long bones ossifies prematurely, causing leg growth to end early. This formula provides support for joints and optimum irrigation of cartilage through the inclusion of chondroitin, glucosamine, and EPA/DHA , which have well known anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dachshunds have a vertebrae that are subjected to heavy mechanical strain on a daily basis. However the shorter an animal's legs, the less ability they have to absorb shock. This formula provides nutritional support for the backbone by helping to maintain muscle tone and optimum healthy body weight with a high protein diet that contains only 14% fat. The addition of conjugated linoleic acid helps preserve muscle tone at the expense of fatty cells and L-carnitine is added to help the body metabolize fat.
- Helps maintain correct bucco-dental hygiene. Kibbles have a specially designed texture that produces a brushing effect which results in the reduction of dental plaque formation. Also includes chelating agents that slow tartar development by fixing the calcium present in the saliva.
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Oatmeal, Wheat Gluten, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat, Chicken, Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp (Sugar removed), Rice Hulls, Salt, Anchovy Oil, Soya Oil, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Cellulose, Fructo-oligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Oil (CLA), Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Taurine*, Vitamins [DL-Alpha Tocopherol (source of Vitamin E), Inositol, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2- Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C*), D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), riboflavin supplement (Vitamin B2), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement], Borage Oil, Trace Minerals [Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate], Glucosamine Hydrochloride, L-Carnitine, Tea (Green Tea Extract), Chondroitin Sulfate, preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract and Citric Acid.
* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO dog food nutrient profiles.
- Crude Protein (min) 28.0%
- Crude Fat (min) 14.0%
- Crude Fiber (max) 5.0%
- Moisture (max) 11.0%
Made in the USA