Betta fish are beautiful pets for kids!
Betta fish can be some of the prettiest fish out there. Just be careful not to keep two males together, but I'm sure you know what happens. Here are things you need to do to keep them:
1. Get a TANK! Bowls are no place for a fish.
2. ALL fish need filters! Even though bettas can breath air, it doesn't mean they can tolerate messy water.
3. Feed ONCE DAILY! Do not overfeed your betta, they could develope swim-bladder disorder. Also, food that your betta doesn't eat will cloud up the water.
4. Fish that you cannot keep with bettas are goramis, other male bettas, any fin nippers, plecos, and any fish that will damage their fins.
5. Commit to taking care of your betta. Bettas are not fish that you keep for a month and forget about them. Getting one is an up to 6 year commitment.
July 27, 2014
Love them in larger tanks!
Betta are such fantastic little fish with HUGE personalities! You will see so much activity and fun if you treat your little guy right! I can hand feed mine dried bloodworm treats and he will occasionally flare at the corners of his tank if the lighting is just right. He is like a little puppy dog begging if someone comes near the tank. Love these fish! Minimum 3g IMO! They will and can jump without a lid. (Rule is 1 inch of grown fish per gallon of water+)
July 19, 2014
My beta fish (Sky) was actually very intelligent. I taught him how to swim through a hoop, (bangle bracelet), jump for his food, and a few other tricks. If I talked to him in a high-pitched-micky-mouse-voice (crazy, I know) he would swim over and fan his fins. I loved this fish! He even lived to be an elderly fish-about 5 or 6 years! If you are thinking of buying a beta fish, they are wonderful fish to own. :)
July 16, 2014
betta fish are the best fish
ive had betta fish for about three years now. I highly recommend you get one.
July 7, 2014