This easy to do yourself system is the perfect alternative to expensive conventional fences.
Keep your pet in the yard!
This easy, do-it-yourself system lets pets roam freely in the outdoor space you designate. The lightweight, 1.5 oz receiver collar fits necks 12 - 20 inches, and can operate up to six months on one set of batteries. The thorough how-to installation video also shows you how to properly install the system and train your pets.
- 500 ft of wire (covers approx. 1/3 acre, additional boundary kits needed for areas over 1/2 acre)
- 50 flags
- patented UltraLight receiver collar with short and long probes
- adjustable transmitter
- video in DVD format.
- Will transmit up to 10 acres or 2,800 feet of wire
- Boundary Control Switch Settings: A= Greater than 2,400, B= up to 1,300, C= 1,300-2,400 feet
- One level of correction
- Should be installed in a dry and protected environment
- Boundary wire must be copper and must be insulated
- Can easily use 14-20 gauge wire
- Boundary Width is 20% Warning Zone and 80% Static Correction Zone
- Height: 4.75"
- Width: 4.25"
- Depth: 2.10"
- Frequency: 10.65 kHz Standard, 7kHz alternative available
- Flip up front cover
- Dark gray in color
- Two red indicator lights (loop and power)
- Wire break alarm
- Two Boundary Wire terminals
- Boundary Width Control Knob
- ABC Boundary Control Switch
- Adapter: Model number: RFA-14 (12v A/C, 830 ma)
Receiver Collar Specs:
- Height: .75"
- Width: 2"
- Depth: .75"
- Weight: 1.5 oz
- Uses 6-volt (RFA-67) Battery
- Interchangeable Contact Points (Long and Short)
- Concave inside surface (side facing throat)
- Curved washers to match concave surface
- 30 second safety timeout
Additional boundary wire:
PetSafe recommends the use of 20 gauge insulated multi-strand copper wire for direct burial. The following indicates the approximate length of boundary wire needed for a rectangular, single-loop layout. Length will vary due to the amount of twisted wire and layout used.
- 1/4 Acre: 415 feet of wire needed
- 1/3 Acre: 480 feet of wire needed
- 1/2 Acre: 590 feet of wire needed
- 1 Acre: 835 feet of wire needed
- 2 Acres: 1180 feet of wire needed
- 5 Acres: 1870 feet of wire needed
- 10 Acres: 2800 feet of wire needed
The Wire and Flag Accessory Kit includes an extra 500 feet of boundary wire and 50 flags.