Rated 1.3 out of 5 by 3
Rated 1 out of 5 by Darcismom It's going back
Bought it today and took it out of the packaging 5 minutes ago. While I am still trying to figure it out (no instructions) the battery went to "lo" reading. The packaging states that it will give accurate reading in 10 seconds. It did not. So it's going back tomorrow and I will rely on old faithful - the glass one with the mercury inside.
December 19, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jwalker Ok, but not great
I had read a 1 star review that the battery wore out fast, but with a sick dog at hope I bought one anyway as it was only one I could find. After use I realized it doesn't turn itself off automatically (possibly why it can wear out fast). It came with no directions on package or inside so you just have to figure it out. I even checked the product mfg. website which had a tab for directions but then only said "see package for directions". Very poorly thought out packaging. A also concerned that the thermometers on/off button does not seem to be watertight. Whether it is or not should be in the directions, as I think that could ruin it and I bet I am not the only one thinking of washing carefully after where its been. Bottom line, it took my dogs temp but auto-off, water tightness, and some basic product usage information would make much better.
June 8, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Maxximu Bad news!
1 star is probably being too nice. Battery lasted 2 weeks.. I tried to take out the battery but it is inside of the unit. Tried everything possible till the whole inside came out disconnecting the monitor from the sensor. There goes $10.. Buy a little better one and you will have for the 10+ years of your dog's life.. :) your dog deserves it..
September 28, 2012