Rated 1.7 out of 5 by 34
Rated 1 out of 5 by JonX Waste of money
I bought these on clearance. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price because they don't work well at all. The red 'don't clip' light comes on as soon as the nail is in range, and changes from red to green in a seemingly random pattern, mostly staying red. The cutting blade also seems very dull as they do not cut the nail well at all.
August 1, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by kmey Does not work - dog bled quite a bit.
I've had dogs my whole life and always been nervous about cutting their nails at home. I found this product and thought that surely a sensor would alleviate my fear of cutting the quick. Wrong. The sensor works inconsistently, and not well at all. I ended up (with a green light) cutting my dog's nail back to the quick. She bled everywhere before we could finally get it to clot. Save yourself the heartache and a hurt puppy - just take them to the groomer.
January 8, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by shortysmom5800 I bought these because one of my dogs have black nails, but I do not recommend them. No matter how long the nails are, the clippers stay on the red color, which means not to clip.
January 7, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by ChiwiandMoses Save Yourself the Money!
Ok.... I'm not going to be angry and give so little information that you are confused and mark this as unhelpful. So here are my problems with this product.
* The "small dog" size is for dogs under 40 lbs. Chiwi (chihuahua) is 4 lbs. If you have a dog under 20 lbs., this product is likely to be too large and bulky. To get his nail into the clipper, we had to stick his entire finger on the little space between the plastic and clipper.
* The yellow light never goes on. It's either red or green. As soon as you turn it on, it's red. Put your finger in and take it out, it's green. Put it over your dogs nail, it's red. Go to the very tip of the nail, it's green. Try to clip a little bit and it turns red right in the middle of clipping, scaring you and making you stop midclip.
* The guillotine design is noisy. Try and clip a nail and your dog will be startled by the loud noise it makes.
* Blades are pretty dull. You clip them and you get nail shards all over your pants!
* Design does not look as pictures. It comes with two button cell batteries which took us 20 minutes to put in because of the difficult positioning, and we had to use tweezers to put it in. The three lights are all beside each other, not vertically like pictured. There is a cheap off/on switch below them.
* Expensive. They clip just as well as the ones you can get at the dollar store (and those are horrible).
So there you have it. We're just going to return them now. Thanks for reading. Hope I was helpful :)
April 26, 2012