Keep aquatic environments safe with the Seachem Ammonia Alert. This convenient sensor provides continuous monitoring and detection of toxic free ammonia and alerts you to its presence. Featuring an easy-to-read color alert system, the sensor detects as a little as 0.02mg/L of free ammonia. The small, unobtrusive design will not detract from the look of your aquarium, and the sensor can be used in marine and freshwater environments.
- Provides continuous monitoring and detection of toxic free ammonia
- Color sensor changes relative to the ammonia concentration
- Detects as little as 0.02mg/L (ppm) of free ammonia
- Alerts you before any signs of stress
- Small, clear design will not obstruct the view of your aquarium
- Lasts for more than a year
- For marine or freshwater use
- Minimal care required
Not recommended for use at acid pH
Avoid touching the sensor with fingers, since skin oils can damage it. Do not use bleach, soap, detergents or hard objects to clean the sensor. Some dye medications may discolor the sensor. Sensitivity improves with age, provided the unit is not allowed to dry out, however, drying does not permanently impair the unit. For maximum sensitivity, the unit should be read under natural daylight or daylight-simulating light. Red enhancing light minimizes green and blue hues, decreasing the apparent sensitivity of the unit. The response of the unit may be checked by holding it briefly over the mouth of an ammonia bottle: color should develop rapidly.