Help ensure your pond or water garden maintains a neutral pH level with this test kit. The kit contains 160 tests to help you accurately measure pH level and keep your fish safe and healthy.
Help maintain a healthy home for your underwater friends with this API Pond Car Wide Range pH Test Kit. Many factors can disrupt the pH level in your pond or water garden, making it unsuitable for the fish who live there. The kit includes 160 tests to help you accurately measure the pH level to help ensure the safety of your pond's inhabitants.
- For use in ponds, water gardens and tap water
- Helps you accurately measure the pH level of water
- Helps prevent the harmful effects of overly alkaline/overly acidic pond water resulting from minerals found in tap water, high ammonia levels in your pond, rain runoff or overstocking of pond fish
- Reads pH levels from 5.0 – 9.0
- Kit includes 160 tests
- Includes test solution, glass test tube with cap, colour chart and instructions
- To remove child safety cap, push red tab left with thumb of one hand while unscrewing cap with free hand
- Fill a clean test tube with 0.2 oz. (5 mL) of water to be tested (to the line on the tube)
- Add 5 drops of Indicator Solution, holding dropper bottle upside down in a completely vertical position to assure uniformity of drops
- Cap the test tube, and invert tube several times to mix solutions; do not hold finger over open end of tube, as this may affect the test results
- Determine the pH reading by matching the colour of the solution against those on the pH Colour Chart; the tube should be viewed against the white area beside the colour chart
- The closest match indicates the pH of the water sample
Do not allow Test Solutions to get into aquarium.
Read directions thoroughly before testing.
A reading of 7.0 is neutral, above 7.0 is alkaline and lower than 7.0 is acidic; an acceptable pH range is between 6.8 and 7.6.
The best time to check the pH is in the morning. As the sun comes up, and the plants begin photosynthesis, the pH will rise.
Minor fluctuations in pH level throughout the day are normal and will not harm pond life. Extremes in pH, however, can stress fish and plants.
Rinse the test tube with clean water after each use.
Colour comparisons are best made in a well-lit area.