- Required for tropical fish setups
- Unbreakable polymer construction
- Features a LED running lamp
- Compact, safe & submersible
The Fluval compact aquarium heater is an automatic, submersible
heater for use in indoor aquariums. Without any adjustments needed,
it is designed to reach and maintain the set temperature of 78
degrees Fahrenheit. The red indicator light will illuminate the
heater when in use, and the heater will automatically shut off when
the water temperature reaches 78 degrees Fahrenheit. The exterior
is made of a tough polymer so that it will not crack or break like
Generally, the heater should be placed at the rear of the aquarium,
preferably close to a source of water movement to ensure even and
thorough distribution of warmed water.
- Position the heater in the aquarium and press suction cups
firmly against glass or plastic to adhere to the aquarium
- Make sure heater remains submersed at all times.
- Allow heater to acclimatize to the aquarium water temperature
for 10 minutes before plugging it into the electrical outlet.
Caution: Unplug all appliances in the aquarium before placing hands
in water. Unplug the heater and allow it to cool for at least 30
minutes before taking it out of the water.
- Clean the heater regularly to remove deposits that could impair
the heater performance.
- Deposits on the heater can be removed by soaking it in vinegar
and then rinsing it with fresh water before repositioning it in the
aquarium. Do not use chemical cleaners.