National Geographic™ Aquarium Heater
Excellent Freshwater Aquarium Heater
I purchased the 100W heater for use in my 20 gallon high. It is quite large, taking up most of the vertical space in my tank and, honestly, I think I could have gotten away with a 50W heater. Initially, the temperature gauge was way off, but once I got it calibrated, it worked perfectly. Overall, I'm very pleased with this product.
October 16, 2014
Constant Water Temperature
* I bought this heater for my 30 gallon tank and I love it.
* I had bought another heater that was a Pet Supermarket store brand heater and apparently it kept turning off or something and it was not heating my tank at all.
* This heater keeps the tank at a CONSTANT TEMPERATURE, it is great!
* It is so great I bought another one (with more watts) for my new 45 gallon tank.
* I have to agree with one of the reviewers about the dial being difficult to turn but this heater works so great that I wouldn't even take off a star for the dial.
* I have to disagree with one of the reviewers that stated "This is not fully submersible as it states. There is a line to where you cannot go past but its not a big deal for my use" *THIS IS A FULLY SUBMERSIBLE HEATER. The line states "Min water level" meaning MINIMUM WATER LEVEL: that the water should AT LEAST HIT that line.
* I placed both of my heaters horizontal in the middle/midline of the tank and that has had the best distribution of heat.
August 2, 2014
Adjustable but hard to do so
This is not fully submersible as it states. There is a line to where you cannot go past but its not a big deal for my use. Its nice in that its adjustable up to the 90s BUT its extremely hard to adjust the temp. I have to literally pull it up out of the water and hold it with one hand and turn the dial with the other.
June 9, 2014
Thank you National Geographic!
You're one of the best TV channels about animals! You make animal magazines, and are basically the best kind of company to make pet supplies!
The heater is AMAZING AND FANTASTIC! The Betta Fish in my 10 gallon is VERY VERY happy! The heater never overheats, or underheats! It maintains the temperature! The coolest part is that you can adjust the temperature!
My Betta Fish is very very happy, because of you! Thank you!
April 26, 2014