Rated 3.1 out of 5 by 15
Rated 3 out of 5
by ElroyJetson Recommended with reservations
1. Large grid does not fit a 40 gal tank - requires at least 1 large and 1 small package for enough grid to cover tank base (see pic).
2. Yes, you can get the tubes in the corners - you just have to change the direction of the grid (see pic).
3. You can run off one air pump, using a "tee".
4. Only part of a filter system, you will still need a regular power filter. But this helps keep the gravel much cleaner for longer time.
5. More expensive to buy in store than online - especially if you buy enough to get free shipping, and better to buy online. It would have saved me about $2.50 for this one product.
October 20, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by LittleVS Two air pumps necessary but not included
Nowhere on the website description or box does this product mention that you must also buy two air pumps for this filter to function. If I had known, I would have found that there are better quality filters with air pumps for less than it costs to buy two air pumps in addition to this filter.
September 28, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Fishanimalplantlover Horrible product.
I have had my 20 gal tank for 5 yrs. I had another undergravel filter system which worked great. Did not have any problems with my tank until I had to replace it, so I decided to try this system. It is the worst mistake I ever made. My tank was clear as a bell the first 2 days or so. Then it started to cloud up and gradually get worse. Even tried changing a gallon at a time. Water was fine for a day then the same problem appeared. The problem is the plates that go under the gravel are very soft and allow the gravel to plug it up. I ended up going to my favorite fish store and buying another system. Poor fish. 2 complete tear downs in 2 weeks. My tank is back to normal now. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. IT IS WORTHLESS!!!
May 26, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Gonefishing Couple of issues with this product
Bought the product online and went to the store to pick it up. Young lady was very courteous have no problems with that. Got home proceeded to put it together. Now is where the first problem starts. Pic shows that you can have the tubes/spouts in the corner of the aquarium. Not true. Unless you make modifications to the base it doesn't work that way. Decided to leave a gap so I could set up tank. Well now when I tried to put the tubes into the spouts they were the exact same diameter. Thought maybe I'm doing something wrong but no!!! Will NOT recommend this product unless you check it out prior to leaving the store.
April 27, 2015