The multi-stage filtration system utilizes the entire canister volume for radically increased water flow efficiency.
The multi-stage filtration system utilizes the entire canister volume for radically increased water flow efficiency. Its mechanical stage features vertical twin foam pre-filters to increase flow and reduce maintenance. The chemical and biological stages are housed in independent modules. This means you can change filter media independently and ensure a constant level of all-important nitrifying bacteria.
The multiple modules allow a vast array of filter media options for maximum versatility. Use the basic filtration media included or customize filtration by combining up to three unique media in the configuration that's just right for your system. This unparalleled level of flexibility allows you to perfect your own aquatic environment. Ideal for professional aquarist and the serious hobbyist, alike.
Quick, trouble-free maintenance features:
- Instant prime - no need for manual siphoning
- AquaStop - stops water flow without disconnecting hoses, eliminates leaks and mess
- Lift lock clamps - securely locks cover in place, simply lift to open for easy maintenance
- For fresh and salt water aquariums
- Comes ready to use with the following Fluval media: foam pads, carbon, and BioMax
- Instructional DVD included to help with setup
- Manufacturer offers a three-year warranty.
Fluval External 306 Canister Filter can be used with tanks up to 70
Gallons and filters at a rate of 260 GPH