Reinforce good behavior and eliminate unwanted ones using this book. With updated and expanded information, the book is useful from the day you bring your new puppy home all the way through to caring for your senior dog.
Your dog has a unique personality, so choose a training method that's right for both of you with Dog Training for Dummies, 3rd Edition. Expert training tips and techniques for you and your dog will teach you everything from prepping to bring your pup home, to mastering the basic sit, stay and down commands to crate and housetraining, dealing with aggression and separation anxiety, health issues that affect training and caring for your senior dog. The book also features an update and expansion to the nutritional information critical to health, behavior and training.
- Author: Jack Volhard and Wendy Volhard
- Edition: 3rd
- Teaches you how to use positive reinforcement as a teaching tool
- Helpful advice for everything from bringing your puppy home to housetraining to caring for your senior dog and plenty more
- Updated, expanded nutritional information
- Offers methods for eliminating unwanted behavior