Bayer Defense Care Flea & Tick for Small Dogs is a topical prevention and treatment of ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, biting flies and lice for monthly use only (small) dogs & puppies 7 weeks of age and older, weighing 4 - 10 lbs. and under. Do not use on cats.
Health Consideration: Topical flea and tick prevention
Features: Safe to use monthly
Life Stage: Puppies and dogs 7 weeks of age and older; weighing 4-10 lbs. and under
Package Quantity: 3-tubes
Caution: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Do not get in eyes or on skin or clothing. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS: For external use on dogs only. Do not use on animals other than dogs. Do not use on puppies under seven weeks of age. Do not get this product in dog's eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product. Side Effects: Monitor your dog after application. Side effects, although very rare, may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects (such as lethargy or agitation) occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-800-255-6826. FIRST AID If In Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15â20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. If Swallowed: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If On Skin or Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15
- 20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. HOT LINE NUMBER Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-255-6826 for emergency medical treatment information. For consumer questions call 1-800-255-6826.
Directions for Use:
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not contaminate feed or food.
HOW TO OPEN
1. Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
2. Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only on dogs. DO NOT USE ON CATS or on other animals.
2. Remove applicator tube from the package.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the Defense Care Flea and Tick Protection tube should be applied evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one sp
sp ot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your dog's eyes, or allow your dog to ingest this product.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
Imidacloprid, Pyriproxyfen, Permethrin