Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 67
Rated 5 out of 5 by Stace11 Love this for our 3 rats
I read the reviews and was not sure, but it seemed like a good deal and the cage size was pretty good. I am so glad we did. This is wonderful. We do not take the plastic levels off but it is so easy to wash and keep clean. We have 3 rats and they have plenty of room and they climb all over it inside, on top, and all over. It has not sagged at all, it stays together. Absolutely no issues at all. I did had sew a cloth on the hammock. One does use a running wheel but did not like the quiet one provided but no fault of the product. When the rats where little we made the ramps not so steep for them but we did move the levels so the ramps are steeper, but they have no trouble with them either. Mostly they just jump and climb now. We love it and have had it for a year and eight months.
March 28, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by ParkerPoseyy Pros and cons, but overall good starter habitat
As a first time rat owner, I like this cage. The flying saucer is a little big so I took it out and replaced it with a hutch. Also, I don't know if this is specific to my kit, but the water bottle leaks like crazy. Definitely getting another one. Overall, my little girl likes it.
March 20, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Leebee A good start but expect upgrading later on
For a starting cage, I was absolutely enamored with this product but months later I've decided it's no longer adequate.
- of adequate size for multiple rats, although due to my girls getting a little too feisty, I've decided to upgrade to a DCN
- water and rust resistant. I've been able to drag it into my shower and blast the hot water to get urine off
- extremely difficult to clean without taking it apart
- deep cleaning takes a long time
- it doesn't come with adequate accessories for entertaining your rats
- five months down the road and the wheel is has worn down so much it's dangerous
- hammock is poor quality and easily chewed through
- please get your ratties other chew toys, this wooden one never entertained mine
March 7, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by LasVegas0711 Yes Indeed, the rats did chewed through the base!!
I read other reviews (after I bought this product) and yes my rats love love chewing on the base, I even bought wood stick and seemed it helped but they still prefer to chew on the base. I know they would love to escape. I am gonna try to call the manufacturer and get a new base because I ain't paying another 100.00 for any cages.
February 28, 2016